QIAGEN is one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. With our sample to insight solutions that unlock valuable molecular information from biological samples, QIAGEN helps to improve healthcare and safeguard our societies, enables the development of new medicines and paves the way for scientific breakthroughs.
Join the revolution – and see how you can make a difference
Senior Director Brand Management (m/f/d)
Job ID #: 10618
Functional Area: Corporate Communications & PR
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Hilden (near Duesseldorf), Germany
Create an overarching corporate brand message structure and play a key role in the creation of product marketing communications plans to achieve the goals set by QIAGEN at a corporate level and by our Global Business Teams. These plans are developed within the QIAmarketing Agency and include concepts, objectives and execution tactics with well-defined KPI’s to measure and track success.
- Be the brand ambassador – ensure messages, campaigns, strategies, and events are always “on brand” with internal and external stakeholders – in a positive manner, and measuring brand development against multi-year targets set with senior management.
- Build, manage, inspire, and continuously develop the Marketing Communications team by establishing performance goals, measuring outcomes, engagement, and driving a commitment continued innovation. Effectively use internal resources while also managing network of agencies and freelancers.
- Continually build and help shape the perception of the QIAGEN brand to meet business goals and the changing needs of our customers.
- Gather and process data and observations (soft and hard knowledge) in coordination with QIAmarketing agency colleagues from omni-channel and global analysis, working these into actionable insights to drive our future brand development and marketing communications strategies.
- Use tools across the digital landscape to tailor brand messages that work effectively across specific platforms to better reach our customers in alignment with traditional offline marketing channels.
- Innovate and champion new ways of connecting to customers through high-impact industry trade events and other customer meetings.
- Consistently provide input to marketing teams about the brand and how we can ensure QIAGEN is viewed as a true leader and innovator.
- Support Human Resources and Corporate Communications colleagues in the internal alignment of “employer branding” and culture, including the development and execution of the internal communications plan.
- 10+ years of experience in marketing communications and branding (both digital and traditional), including 5+ years of experience in leading global cross-functional teams; brand and / or advertising agency experience highly desired.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English and German; ability to explain complex concepts in a compelling way with a clear narrative.
- Extensive working knowledge of all forms of marketing communication and brand management, ability to provide creative direction and feedback to creative teams.
- Able to effectively engage with C-Suite executives, strategic mindset with ability to make trade-offs and difficult decisions, must be detail oriented, have strong business acumen, ability to work with a complex product portfolio.
- Proven success in the development and successful execution of brand plans and marketing communications strategies, and achieving desired outcomes. Must be detailed oriented, have strong business acumen and able to find solutions.
- High familiarity with cultural marketing trends in creative, media, digital and social marketing in both B-2-B and B-2-C environments.
- Ability to lead multiple diverse projects simultaneously, communicating effectively across multiple organizations and teams.
If this interdisciplinary challenge appeals to you, you can expect a highly motivated team that is looking forward to your support! Please apply online, quoting the reference number, with your complete application documents as well as your earliest starting date and salary expectations.
We look forward to hearing from you!