Specialist, Public Affairs (f/m/d) Germany, Berlin Delivery Hero SE People Operations
Want to be a Hero? Join one of the leading global online food ordering and delivery marketplaces!
We are looking for a Specialist Public Affairs (f/m/d) to join the Global Communications team on our journey to always delivering amazing experiences.
A Specialist Public Affairs will play a key role in navigating regulatory challenges around the world related to the delivery of food and goods.
- Based in Berlin, you will work on expanding our global public affairs activities for our 45+ markets taking a 360-degree approach to public affairs. You ensure that the regulatory frameworks in our active markets are designed to enable the benefits of Delivery Hero for our customers and the cities we operate in.
- You facilitate partnerships with governments and third-parties to drive the debate on our key policy issues
- You’re able to navigate local, state and national regulatory structures; respond to and mitigate local concerns as they arise and develop positive working relationships with government and community stakeholders
- You co-create holistic public affairs strategies and execute them
- You monitor relevant legislative developments around the world, analyse their potential impact on Delivery Hero and deliver solutions for policy challenges
- You craft political outreach strategies, implement stakeholder mappings and prepare meetings with policy makers
- You engage with trade associations, industry partners, non-profit groups and other allies to promote and build support for public policy positions
- You proactively shape a robust business landscape to support innovation in the digital technology, transport, payments, and e-commerce
- You develop policy positions and create public affairs formats to successfully advocate for our positions
Your heroic skills:
- You have a BA in political science, public policy, law or a related field - advanced degree preferred
- You have at least 3 years experience working in government, lobbying, political communications, public policy or public affairs consulting and have a strong political network
- You have a deep business sense, are able to understand complex, multi-layered business models and align our PA strategy according to company goals
- You have excellent problem-solving skills and are a self-starter with a strong analytical thinking
- You have excellent communications skills in English and German, both verbally and written
- You have the ability and flexibility to function effectively in a dynamic, fast paced environment while maintaining a thorough attention to detail, e.g. when analyzing regulatory language and parameters
Nice to have:
- You’re passionate about politics at the intersection of technology, delivery and food
- You are familiar with Non-European markets like APAC, LATAM or MENA
- You have experience driving large-scale policy initiatives, ideally in a Tech or E-Commerce environment
Why Delivery Hero?
- English is our working language and our colleagues at Delivery Hero come from every corner of the globe, working in a diverse, cross-cultural team. For most opportunities, we also offer visa & relocation support
- We take care of our employees and offer flexible working hours and, for most of the teams, the option of working from home
- Enjoy our free online yoga classes and subsidized Urban Sports Club membership
- Take care of your mental and emotional well-being with our free Headspace subscription and unlimited access to Employee assistance program
- Participate in our health campaigns such as seasonal flu vaccination
- Benefit from BVG subsidy or join our Bike rental program
- Join the global market leader and a publicly listed company with a competitive remuneration package and a lot of training, career & development opportunities
- Develop your skills with your personal educational budget for conferences and external trainings
- Learn German with free classes, access our e-learning platform and participate in our inhouse trainings
- Save responsibly with our attractive corporate pension options
- Join company parties, team, cultural and sports events - due to the current situation on a virtual basis
- Our office lounges are filled with healthy (and some more indulgent!) snacks and refreshments to keep you energised throughout the day
Delivery Hero is building the next generation global on-demand delivery platform. We have grown rapidly from inception in 2011 to become the world's largest food-ordering network and we’re now innovating and creating new verticals such as groceries, pharmacies, flowers and other convenience articles in multiple markets.
Our awesome international team already operates in 40+ countries worldwide and we are looking for the most talented people to join us on our mission to ‘always deliver an amazing experience.’ If you’re an enthusiastic problem solver and hungry for a new adventure, an exciting job and multicultural workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.
Have we caught your attention? If you are looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by our values, please send us your CV.
We’re looking forward to your application!