United Nations Environment Programme – UNEP
Chiffre Nr. 2021-2-52
Junior Professional Officer Programme (JPO)Organizational Setting
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of the sustainable development agenda within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
The Junior Professional Officer post is located in Corporate Services Division /Human Resources Section in Nairobi. Under the over guidance of the Chief of Human Resources Section and the direct supervision of the Administrative Officer.
The Junior Professional Officer is requested to support the work of the Human Resources Section in the implementation of human resources staffing and recruitment activities, surveys, workforce planning and data analysis.Key responsibilities
- Assist with preparatory work in developing HR guidance and input into the strategic HR workforce and succession plan, provide input to actions to be undertaken within a given timeframe.
- Undertake regular review of staffing and recruitment data, deduce reports of various parameters such as gender, geographic representation, forecasting and analysis for reporting to internal and external audience.
- Assist in assembling HR information by engaging with staff, divisions and offices, and compiling data from fact-finding meetings.
- Assist with talent enhancement and skills mapping exercises for input to talent management and vacancy forecasting.
- Support the designing of organizational structures for offices, divisions and units within UNEP for the effective implementation of the work programme.
- Support recruitment and assist with HR data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Coordinate with client offices in identifying upcoming vacancies.
- Provide advice and support on human resources related matters.
- Assist with drafting correspondence and support human resources operations.
- Undertake the mandatory training for the UN offered online in the portal
- Take an HR training offered at the United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) staff learning and training center
- Participate in induction and briefing sessions on diverse human resources and administration related training within the Section
- Participate in UNEP administration training sessions for HR and Finance teams
- On-the-job training, including individual and group sessions on specific HR and administrative areas
- Performance and Career development training courses provided by the UNON.
Qualifications and experienceEducation:
Master’s degree in human resources management, business or public administration, social sciences, education or related field.Experience:
A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, administration or related area.Language:
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in written and oral English is required. Working knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.