JOB OFFER: CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
ALLEA, the European Federation of Academies of Sciences and Humanities, is currently seeking a
Corporate Communications Officer (80-100% FTE)
to join our team in Berlin initially for the duration of 24 months starting at the earliest opportunity.
Role and responsibilities
Together with other members of the ALLEA team you will:
- Develop, implement and monitor communications strategies and plans.
- Produce, manage and disseminate effective communications tools and activities (publications, websites, social media, newsletters, press releases and other materials).
- Create and edit content for websites, news articles, press releases, opinion pieces and other publications, and prepare layout, format and graphic design of these products.
- Contribute to preparing and managing events, including conferences, workshops, webinars, and meetings (online/hybrid/in-person).
- Support and coordinate internal communication with ALLEA President, Board and Membership on both content and organisational matters.
- Draft minutes, briefing notes, summary reports, correspondence, and other written output.
- Process incoming emails and queries; monitor running inquiries/calls/elections and provide timely responses.
- In collaboration with other team members undertake foresight activities, connecting new ALLEA initiatives to existing ones, framing in reporting and communications.
- Provide additional support to ALLEA President and Executive Director when required.
Skills and experience
- Academic degree in a relevant subject and at least 2-3 years relevant professional experience in communications and/or corporate affairs positions.
- Excellent proficiency in English, orally and in writing. German and/or other foreign languages are an asset.
- Good knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and experience in using CMS and databases (especially WordPress).
- Experience in organising meetings and events (physical, hybrid, digital).
- Proficiency in managing social media profiles.
- Experience in committee work and knowledge of internal communications tasks.
- Expertise in copy-editing and publishing is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and in an international team.
- A quick learner with a keen eye for detail.
- Interest in the areas of expertise of ALLEA (international relations, scientific collaboration, science communications, research policy, scientific advice to policymaking, etc.).
Why join us
ALLEA is the European Federation of Academies of Sciences and Humanities, representing more than 50 academies from 40 countries. ALLEA operates at the interface of science, policy and society and speaks out on behalf of its members to promote science as a global public good.
You will become part of a multi-cultural and dynamic team, working in the centre of Berlin and helping ALLEA reach international stakeholders on societally relevant topics. As a not-for-profit organisation, our working environment is informal and collegial, and our team shares a dedication to work for a common greater good.
This position offers the flexibility of combining working in the office and remotely. The monthly gross starting salary ranges between 3000 - 3300€ (corresponding to 80% FTE) depending on the level of qualifications, skills and previous experience. The employment contract will follow the conditions and regulations of the German public service tariff TV-L.