An exciting opportunity for an experienced communications manager
with a passion for innovative politics ...
You love to reach out to people and involve them in creating better politics and policies? Then come and work with us!
We are The Innovation in Politics Institute, an international, non-partisan organisation that identifies, develops and applies innovations in politics – with the aim of strengthening democracy in Europe. To that end, we are building a community of the brightest minds in politics, from all democratic parties and on all levels of governance. Our headquarter is in Vienna with partner offices in 14 other countries.
Our growing team is working on many running projects and we have ambitious plans for the future. For our communications team, we are hiring a passionate and experienced:
Head of Communications
As Head of Communications your main task is to establish and maintain consistent communications and marketing of the Institute, both corporate and in its programmes. Therefore, you work closely with all members of the communication team, and the project managers to further develop our communications in all areas, and to change the future of politics.
- Defining of communication and marketing goals
- Leadership of communications staff, setting annual objectives and monitoring progress
- Developing of communications budgets and monitoring
- Coordinating with other departments influencing the Institute’s communication
- Developing of communication and marketing strategies of the Institute and its programmes
- Further development of the institute’s brand and all brands related to the institute
- Improving standards for all communication and marketing activities, such as corporate language, pictorial language, templates
- Developing and improving of the Institute’s main communication and marketing tools
- Developing and maintaining of channels for internal communications
- Hands-on work on communication and marketing activities (e.g. editorial work, media relations, maintenance of owned media, events, ad campaigns, ASO)
- Auditing of suppliers and maintaining work relationships (a.g. agencies, photographers, video producers, ASO)
- Continuing evaluation of all communication activities
What you should bring to this role
- At least 5 years of working experience in a senior communications role with budget and personnel responsibilities
- Proven track record of outstanding performance in a previous complex enterprise
- A master’s degree or equivalent
- Professional proficiency in English and German, ideally also French
- A can-do, hands-on attitude
- Well organised and good teamplayer
- Passion for politics
- Intercultural competence
- International working experience
- Ideally, experience working in a start-up
What we offer
We provide you with an international working environment, a passionate team, a timely cause, a treasure trove of content and a great workplace close to the city center. In addition you will profit from:
- Personal development opportunities
- Self-determination in your work organisation and a supporting team
- Full time (40h/week), starting a.s.a.p.
- Annual salary: 56.000 Euro gross (We are willing to pay more if your qualification is considerably beyond what we described above)
- Place of work: Vienna (temporary remote work from home possible and currently advised due to COVID-19)
Please send your application including CV by 15 May 2021 to Ms Ulrike Ralis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are looking forward to your application!