An exciting opportunity for an experienced editor with a passion for innovative politics ...
You love to write and edit texts on how to create better politics and policies? Then come and work with us!
We are The Innovation in Politics Institute, an international, non-partisan organisation that identifies, develops and applies innovations in politics – with the aim of strengthening democracy in Europe. To that end, we are building a community of the brightest minds in politics, from all democratic parties and on all levels of governance. Our headquarter is in Vienna with partner offices in 14 other countries.
Our growing team is working on a wide variety of projects and we have ambitious plans for the future. For our communications team, we are hiring a passionate and experienced:
Your chief responsibility will be to develop stories about best practice in politics and policy – from groundbreaking climate protection initiatives in cities to party innovation in the whole democratic spectrum, and from democratic participation to strengthening social cohesion on the local level.
As editor you will work closely with all team members of the communication team and the project managers, helping to define what we should be writing about and making every story as excellent as it can be.
- Identify potential stories in our treasure chest of best practice, submitted by politicians and scouted by our partners in Europe, and beyond.
- Decide which stories to go with, in collaboration with the communications team and project managers
- Editing of stories in various formats
- Editing of stories provided by our partners. You will be responsible for making sure the substance is correct, and that the copy is clean and highly readable.
- Improve our standards of storytelling
- Chief editorship for books, our website and other channels
- Develop and adjust plans for a continuous content feed in all our projects
What you should bring to this role
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in journalism
- A good eye for a story
- The ability to write headlines and copy that grab the reader’s interest
- Professional proficiency in English, ideally also French
- A can-do, hands-on attitude
- Well organised and good teamplayer
- Passion for politics
- Intercultural competence
- International working experience
- Ideally, experience working in a start-up
What we offer
We provide you with an international working environment, a passionate team, a timely cause, and great content. In addition you will profit from:
- Personal development opportunities
- Self-determination in your work organisation and a supporting team
- Full time (40h/week), starting a.s.a.p.
- Annual salary: 42.000 euro gross
- Place of work: Wherever you are (if you live in Vienna or Berlin, you can work in our respective office there)
Please send your application including CV by 15 May 2021 to Ms Ulrike Ralis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are looking forward to your application!