An exciting opportunity for a Communications Manager
with a passion for innovative politics ...
Do you love communications and politics? Then come and work with us!
We are The Innovation in Politics Institute, an international, non-partisan organisation that identifies, develops and applies innovations in politics – with the aim of strengthening democracy in Europe. To that end, we are building a community of the brightest minds in politics, from all democratic parties and on all levels of governance. Our headquarter is in Vienna with partner offices in 14 other countries.
Our growing team is working on many thriving projects, and we have ambitious plans for the future. For our communications team, we are hiring a passionate and experienced:
Your main responsibility will be to develop communication activities for the Institute and our programmes and implement them. Therefore, the whole toolset of communications is at your disposal – from events to print material, from press relations to ad campaigns. As communications manager, you will report to the Head of Communications and work closely with members of the communication team and the project managers to contribute to our cause: changing the future of politics.
- Developing activities in all three areas of communications – owned, earned and paid
- Project management (e.g. planning, budgeting, organisation, evaluation …)
- Event planning and management, coordinating external partners and supporting staff (e.g. communication strategy, logistics, coordinating on-site team in advance, material production)
- Media relations as press officer; developing and pitching stories to the media; selecting and briefing regional partners; monitoring, press releases and press events; maintaining media mailing lists
- Planning and maintaining of online media (e.g. websites, blogs)
- Planning and producing of print material (e.g. books, brochures, handouts)
- Identifying potential stories in our treasure chest of best practice experience, submitted by politicians and scouted by our Europe-wide partners and beyond
- Editorial work
- Quality management and evaluation
What you should bring to this role
- A minimum of 3 years experience in communication, e.g. agency or department of communication in an institution or a company
- Experience with communication activities in a professional organisation
- A sixth sense for great stories
- Can-do, hands-on attitude
- Well organised and good team player
- Full Professional proficiency in English, ideally also French
- Passion for politics
- Intercultural competence
- International working experience
- Ideally, experience in a start-up environment
What we offer
We provide you with an international working environment, a passionate team, a timely cause, and great content. In addition, you will profit from:
- Personal development opportunities
- Flexible work organisation and a supporting team
- Full time (40h/week), starting a.s.a.p.
- Annual salary: 42.000 euro gross
- Place of work: Vienna (temporary remote work from home possible and currently advised due to COVID-19)
Please send your application, including your CV, by 21 May 2021, to Ulrike Ralis