Senior Media Relations Spokesperson #176819
Zurich | Full-time | Corporate CommunicationsYour field of responsibility
You will be joining our team in this exciting and meaningful role as a Media Relations Spokesperson. This role will offer you the opportunity to be part of a lean but powerful function that is dedicated to protecting and improving the bank’s reputation and brand, based on a long-term communications strategy that seeks to successfully position Credit Suisse among its different partners in the Swiss and international media. You can expect a diverse portfolio of activities that includes handling complex media enquiries and managing issues from a communications perspective, as well as devising and delivering on thought leadership positioning, writing media releases, briefing documents and other communications materials. Furthermore, you will be responsible for project management and act as a contact point for senior management.Your future colleagues
We are a results-oriented team, whose pronounced team spirit, diverse profiles and deep expertise guarantee an exciting working environment as well as the opportunity to further develop your professional and personal skillset. Corporate Communications advises on and actively manages group-wide communications with the media, including corporate, financial, divisional and functional topics. The unit manages and monitors reputational issues and partners with Credit Suisse management and control functions to develop appropriate communication strategies. Corporate Communications plays a crucial role to promote and protect Credit Suisse’s reputation and, in this capacity, facilitates the content compilation and acts as a central approver for all communications from Credit Suisse to external media. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.Your skills and experience
To be a successful candidate, you would bring the following experience:
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent, paired with solid media relations experience in an international corporation for more than 10 years, preferably within the financial industry, and an established network of media contacts; qualifications in the fields of corporate communications, public relations or business administration are a plus
- A high level of commitment and energy, as well as a proven ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Outstanding written (including editing and proofreading), spoken and presentation, as well as project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills on all levels and the ability to perform well in a diverse, multicultural organization
- Prior knowledge and experience of a global bank’s business activities and crisis and litigation topics impacting the banking industry, including the regulatory environment, are an asset
- Proficiency in German and English is a must; a knowledge of other languages is an advantage
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Mr M. Payer would be delighted to receive your application.
Please apply via our career portal.
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.