Your career with Huawei
(Senior) Public Affairs Manager (m/f/d)
- Berlin, Germany
- Business travel at times
- You will work in the Government Affairs and Communications Department on a corporate level.
- You have a deep understanding of ICT technologies and trends as well as corporate business strategies in order to identify (future) political and regulatory developments to create a local business ecosystem enhancement.
- Establish good communication channels and relationships within the ecosystem (including industry, politics, regulatory bodies and academia) to support the development of favorable business operations.
- Represent Huawei in associations and stakeholder meetings as well as events and conferences.
- Be able to write contributions like statements and position papers on ICT matters for public hearings and consultations.
- Be able to independently compile letters and presentations as well as internal briefings, strategic summaries and to provide legislative and regulatory monitoring.
- Manage and coordinate local PA activities (e.g. meetings, events, appointment coordination).
- You will participate in parliamentary hearings, conferences, association meetings in order to monitor latest political, legislative and regulatory developments with impact on Huawei’s (future) business.
- Cooperate with cross-departmental teams in order to align global, regional, local interests.
- Bachelor’s degree in political sciences, law and/or engineering, telecommunication or comparable direction; Master’s degree is preferred.
- 3 years of work experience in industry associations, corporations, think tanks, governmental bodies or PA agencies with ICT link would be desired.
- Capacity to develop trustful relationships with (ecosystem) stakeholders; existing network is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage multiple and diverse stakeholders across businesses and leadership levels.
- Profound knowledge regarding political and regulatory processes and strong affinity for ICT topics.
- A natural communicator who is able to produce content and messaging.
- Ability to manage projects efficiently and independently.
- Soft skills: flexibility, openness, capacity to take initiatives and take up on challenges. Capacity to work under pressure, team spirit.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and German is required.
What we offer:
We offer you an exciting professional career in one of the leading and fastest growing multinational telecommunication companies, challenging work and a competitive salary package. Personal development is ensured through many training opportunities.
Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. With integrated solutions across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services – we are committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
At Huawei, innovation focuses on customer needs. We invest heavily in basic research, concentrating on technological breakthroughs that drive the world forward. We have more than 194,000 employees, and we operate in more than 170 countries and regions.
Huawei's end-to-end portfolio of products, solutions and services are both competitive and secure. Through open collaboration with ecosystem partners, we create lasting value for our customers, working to empower people, enrich home life, and inspire innovation in organizations of all shapes and sizes.
You are interested?
Please send in English your detailed resume/CV with a cover letter (indicating your earliest availability and expected salary) to email@example.com as one single PDF document.Privacy Statement Notice for positions in West Europe region:
Please read and understand our West European Recruitment Privacy Notice before submitting your personal data to Huawei so that you fully understand how we process and manage your personal data received.